Laura Kelly (born January 24, 1950) is an American politician serving as the 48th governor of Kansas since 2019. She is member of the Democratic Party and represented the 18th district in the Kansas Senate from 2005 to 2019. Kelly ran for governor in the 2018 election and defeated the Republican nominee, Kris Kobach.
Table of Contents
Laura Kelly Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Laura Kelly age is 70 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- Her body measurements are not known.
- She weighs around 60 Kg.
- Her eye color is hazel and the hair color is blonde.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Laura Kelly Net Worth & Salary
- As of 2020, Laura Kelly net worth is estimated around $200 million USD.
- Her salary is $99,636.
- Her primary source of income is her political career.
Read Also:Janet Mills (Governor of Maine) Salary, Net Worth, Bio, Wiki, Age, Husband, Children, Career, Facts
Laura Kelly Husband
- As of 2020, Laura Kelly is married with Ted Daughety.
- Since 1979, Kelly has been married to physician Ted Daughety, a specialist in pulmonary and sleep disorders.
- In 1986, they moved to Topeka in part because of the quality of the educational system.
- They have two adult daughters, Kathleen and Molly Daughety.
Laura Kelly Quick Facts
|Real Name||Laura Kelly|
|Born||January 24, 1950|
|Age||70 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||48th Governor of Kansas|
|Birthplace||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’6″|
|Parents||Father: Not Known|
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Husband||Ted Daughety|
|Education||1. Bradley University (BS)|
2. Indiana University Bloomington (MS)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Facebook|
Laura Kelly Early Life & Education
- Laura Kelly was born on January 24, 1950 in New York City, New York, U.S.
- She was born to a military family that moved often and was stationed overseas.
- She holds American nationality.
- As per her education, she studied at Bradley University, earning a Bachelor of Science in psychology, and at Indiana University, earning a Master of Science in therapeutic recreation.
- Kelly was the executive director of the Kansas Recreation and Park Association.
Laura Kelly Political Career
- As per her career, Kelly was elected to the Kansas Senate in November 2004, later serving as Minority Whip.
- In 2007, she was asked to serve as the Ranking Minority member of the Kansas Ways and Means Committee. Kelly helped to establish the Early Childhood Development Block Grants program in the State of Kansas.
- In late 2009, Kelly briefly considered a run for Kansas’s 2nd congressional district.
- During the 2011–2012 legislative sessions, she served as the Assistant Minority Leader of the Kansas Senate.
- Some of the top contributors to Kelly’s 2008 campaign were the Senate Democrats of Kansas, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee of Kansas, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), Astrazeneca, the Kansas National Education Association (KNEA), the Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, and herself.
- She declared a state of emergency on March 12 following the state’s first COVID-19 death.
Facts about Laura Kelly
- She opposed a Republican proposed anti-abortion amendment to the Kansas Constitution in early 2020.
- She sought to use some of the reserves to pay down debt and make payments to the state pension system.
- She signed an executive order reinstating the employment discrimination protections for LGBT state workers that Governor Sam Brownback had eliminated in 2015.
- She has also supporting reforming KanCare so that more citizens have access to healthcare.
Read Also:Kay Ivey (Alabama Governor) Bio, Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Height, Weight, Spouse, Career, Facts